Thursday, June 17, 2010

What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa148...



Okay. I'm sick of looking like a boy.



I LOVE having short hair, but I have such masculine features that I think I should let my hair grow out. I have no idea...



I have had short hair for the past few years. Once I let it go past my shoulders. In the link are pictures with short hair, long hair, and the ones with the babies are the most recent of me. (The pretty girl in the pictures is my best friend.)



I can't figure out my face shape, so I can't use google to find good hair cuts. And I am terrible at knowing what looks good and what doesn't. Especially on me, since there isn't much to work with there.



ANY advice would be nice =). (Please no remarks about bad looks, I know, and I'm also tired of hearing it.)



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

Okay, first of all, you do not look masculine. You have strong, striking features. But you do not look like a boy.



If you really love your hair short, then you should not try to force yourself to go with long hair. Never try to make yourself do something to your hair that you don't like and don't want to do. It will only make you even more unhappy with your hair and yourself, in the long run.



Maybe you could ask a stylist to look carefully at your features and he or she could give you a great cut that will play up your cheekbones and your eyes. Something feminine and flirty and fun. Yes, short hair, cut and styled the right way can be very feminine and girly and pretty. Maybe you could try a new colour or highlights. Colour can really make a big change in how your hair looks, it can enhance your skintone and make your eyes pop.



Do you wear makeup? If not and you would like to, try something soft and subtle, well blended and fresh. A touch of cincealer on any problem areas, a little powder to keep down shine. A soft blush that works with your skintone and soft, fresh eye colours, (soft roses, pinks, shimmery neutrals) well blended. A little mascara and some shiny gloss will make you look and feel even more girly and pretty and really set off your new hair look.



Clothes that are more flattering to you and fit your figure properly will also make a world of difference. I am not saying that you should go buy tight, tarty outfits. Not at all. But getting out of the baggy, boxy, boyish sweatshirts and getting into some feminine, well fitting clothes will enhance your figure and make you look and feel like the pretty girl you really are.



I don't know where you are getting the idea that you have bad looks. Whoever is saying that to you has bad eyesight and is cruel and nasty. Don't listen to them!



I hope this helps, a little.



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

i really like long hair, it is so gorgeous, and you can do a lot of thing with it. i wish i hadnt cut mine off



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

well grow your hair out, get extensions or something



the short hair doesn't really work for you.



it doesn't have to be too long, just at least below boob length



part your hair different or if you want bangs or something



just go to a salon and have them do something



maybe try just straightening it. (after it's long)



then learn how to do makeup...i think it would help.



especially since you look kind of like a boy.



oh yeah and you should get contacts.



i wasn't trying to sound rude or anything, sorry if i did.



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

let your hair grow, long hair always look good on girls



it makes them look more attractive



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

I don't see why you couldn't pull off short hair if you were willing to play a little bit with some color in your face...?



I mean, your skin looks great, and I don't think your features are masculine - I'd say play with some golds and khaki or silver and grey (i can't tell if warmer or cooler colors would work best for you - but you'' figure it out with a friend) and bring out your big, blue eyes, use a little moistrurizer and maybe some stain for the cheeks - allow the porcelain skin to pop, and use a nice, sheer gloss. Consider geeeently plucking any stray eyebrow hairs - it tends to 'open up' the eyes quite a bit (although nothing major - keep them natural-looking)



Then, have violent pink/purple/blue/green/black short hair - whether you want a pixie cut, spikes, mohawk, bedhead - go wild and have fun with your hair!



Play with your tomboyishness and make it work FOR you and your style - I think it really has potential. Please keep in mind that you DO NOT have masculine features, and that what may be perceived as a tad tomboyish can really be spunky and fun (and girly!) if you let it :)



Good luck and HAVE FUN! -c



Oh - and I'd leave the really dark red lip color alone - and SMILE! With your lips parted! Show those uber-white teeth of yours :D



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

i usually had a problem with my haircuts too.. what i did was ask the stylist what cut best fits the shape of my head, my features (as an asian), and my hair because i have natural curly hair.. she told me something about layers like onion cut (-- if this hairstyle term is used in your country).. which you could fix or maintain by keeping it straight (say by having it straightened or by ironing it or blow drying it straight)



it looks like the hairstyles of the japanese/chinese/korean animation action heroes (for both male and female) but it actually looks more feminine.. let the stylist also put thin bangs which i think is cute because you would have to let it fall or keep on fixing it to your ears that would really make you more feminine..



to have a good haircut, you dont have to go to an expensive salon. look for a stylist with a great haircut who is also offering not expensive fee. and tell him/her your hair style problem.. if you have long hair right now, try it at a shoulder length style. if you think you dont like it, have him/her fix it until you get your desired shape and style.. its always better to have your hair done with the same stylist so he/she'll know what you like and what actually fits you..



i hope this one helps coz it helped me a lot.



(sorry also for my poor english, am asian btw)



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

I personally think you look better with short hair, that long hair overwhelmed your features.... of course, that is just me. And you don't look masculine!



What should I do with my hair? Let it grow? Cut it short again? What type of style?

I personally think you would look good with long hair. I was a guy with long hair and i got mistaken for a chick and I have a very manly face. I had blond hair though. Same thing with me cousin. You are pretty with short hair. In the end do what you want. Do what makes you happy. Being mistaken for a guy isn't as bad as not liking your hair or your look. Do what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
mortgage refinance